Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
A Bucket Plan to Go with Your Bucket List
Longer, healthier living can put greater stress on retirement assets; the bucket approach may be one answer.
Choosing a Business Structure
Entrepreneurs all face the same question, “Which business structure should I adopt?”
How to Retire Early
Retiring early sounds like a dream come true, but it’s important to take a look at the cold, hard facts.
Some people may want a more advanced gifting strategy that can maximize their gift and generate potential tax benefits.
Pundits go on and on about how “terrible” or “wonderful” annuities are, but they never talk about whether annuities are right
Creating an inventory of your possessions can save you time, money and aggravation in the event you someday suffer losses.
The money problems or bad lifestyle habits of adult children could lead to the squandering of any inheritance they receive.
If you find it hard to attain personal life goals, there’s an app for that!
Life insurance proceeds are generally tax-free. But not in all cases.
Use this calculator to estimate your net worth by adding up your assets and subtracting your liabilities.
This calculator compares a hypothetical fixed annuity with an account where the interest is taxed each year.
Estimate the total cost in today's dollars of various mortgage alternatives.
Use this calculator to assess the potential benefits of a home mortgage deduction.
This calculator demonstrates the power of compound interest.
Estimate how much you have the potential to earn during your working years.
A presentation about managing money: using it, saving it, and even getting credit.
How federal estate taxes work, plus estate management documents and tactics.
The importance of life insurance, how it works, and how much coverage you need.
There are some key concepts to understand when investing for retirement
Investment tools and strategies that can enable you to pursue your retirement goals.
Learn more about taxes, tax-favored investing, and tax strategies.
Understanding the cycle of investing may help you avoid easy pitfalls.
Procrastination can be costly. When you get a late start, it may be difficult to make up for lost time.
A special needs trust helps care for a special needs child when you’re gone.
A bucket plan can help you be better prepared for a comfortable retirement.
A portfolio created with your long-term objectives in mind is crucial as you pursue your dream retirement.
Here are five facts about Social Security that might surprise you.