Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Does Your Child Need to File an Income Tax Return?
When your child has income, there’s a good chance that he or she will need to report it and pay taxes.
A Bucket Plan to Go with Your Bucket List
Longer, healthier living can put greater stress on retirement assets; the bucket approach may be one answer.
Choosing a Business Structure
Entrepreneurs all face the same question, “Which business structure should I adopt?”
Thanks to the work of three economists, we have a better understanding of what determines an asset’s price.
Diversification is an investment principle designed to manage risk, but it can't prevent against a loss.
What kind of auto insurance should you have? Do you know?
1035 exchanges provide a way to trade-in an annuity contract or life insurance policy without triggering a tax liability.
What did the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act change? Here's a quick snapshot.
When you’re married and have children, insurance needs will be different.
This calculator will help determine whether you should invest funds or pay down debt.
This calculator can help you estimate how much you may need to save for retirement.
This calculator estimates the savings from paying a mortgage bi-weekly instead of monthly.
Enter various payment options and determine how long it may take to pay off a credit card.
This calculator shows how inflation over the years has impacted purchasing power.
This calculator estimates your chances of becoming disabled and your potential need for disability insurance.
A number of questions and concerns need to be addressed to help you better prepare for retirement living.
Principles that can help create a portfolio designed to pursue investment goals.
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
Investment tools and strategies that can enable you to pursue your retirement goals.
Using smart management to get more of what you want and free up assets to invest.
The importance of life insurance, how it works, and how much coverage you need.
There are a few things to consider when buying or leasing your next vehicle.
In the world of finance, the effects of the "confidence gap" can be especially apparent.
What if instead of buying that vacation home, you invested the money?
When should you take your Social Security benefit?
If your family relies on your income, it’s critical to know what their needs would be in the event of your death.
It's easy to let investments accumulate like old receipts in a junk drawer.