Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Critical Estate Documents
Sound estate management includes creating financial and healthcare documents. Here's an inside look.
Making the most of surprises is a great reason to work with us.
How Financial Advisors Are Compensated
Read this overview to learn how financial advisors are compensated.
What’s the deal with your yearly free credit report?
You face a risk for which the market does not compensate you, that can not be easily reduced through diversification.
A four-step framework for building a personal legacy.
Do your insurance needs stay the same when the nest empties?
Entrepreneurs all face the same question, “Which business structure should I adopt?”
Individuals have three basic choices with the 401(k) account they accrued at a previous employer.
Estimate how much of your Social Security benefit may be considered taxable.
This calculator compares the net gain of a taxable investment versus a tax-favored one.
Determine if you are eligible to contribute to a traditional or Roth IRA.
This calculator can help you estimate how much you may need to save for retirement.
Estimate your monthly and annual income from various IRA types.
This calculator shows how inflation over the years has impacted purchasing power.
The importance of life insurance, how it works, and how much coverage you need.
How federal estate taxes work, plus estate management documents and tactics.
Principles that can help create a portfolio designed to pursue investment goals.
There are some smart strategies that may help you pursue your investment objectives
A presentation about managing money: using it, saving it, and even getting credit.
Using smart management to get more of what you want and free up assets to invest.
There are three things to consider before dipping into retirement savings to pay for college.
Even low inflation rates can pose a threat to investment returns.
A will may be only one of the documents you need—and one factor to consider—when it comes to managing your estate
The market is as unpredictable as the weather. We’d love to help you prepare.
Pundits say a lot of things about the markets. Let's see if you can keep up.
Women must be ready to spend, on average, more years in retirement than men.