Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
The Utility of Sector Investing
Successful sector investing is dependent upon an accurate analysis about when to rotate in and out.
Insuring Your Second Home
There are unique risks of owning a second home and obtaining the proper coverage may protect you from financial risk.
Protecting Your Home Against Flood Loss
Protect yourself against the damage that your homeowners policy doesn’t cover.
For homeowners who think their property taxes are too high, there are ways to appeal.
Pundits go on and on about how “terrible” or “wonderful” annuities are, but they never talk about whether annuities are right
Maintaining good records for your business not only helps to meet your tax and legal obligations, but it can save you money.
If you find it hard to attain personal life goals, there’s an app for that!
Your liability for damages that occur when a tree on your property falls on your neighbor’s property is not clear cut.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can help you reduce health-related expenses—and avoid time in the recovery room.
This calculator estimates how much life insurance you would need to meet your family's needs if you were to die prematurely.
Estimate how much of your Social Security benefit may be considered taxable.
This calculator helps determine your pre-tax and after-tax dividend yield on a particular stock.
Estimate the potential impact taxes and inflation can have on the purchasing power of an investment.
Estimate the total cost in today's dollars of various mortgage alternatives.
This calculator can help you estimate how much you should be saving for college.
Investment tools and strategies that can enable you to pursue your retirement goals.
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
A presentation about managing money: using it, saving it, and even getting credit.
The chances of needing long-term care, its cost, and strategies for covering that cost.
A number of questions and concerns need to be addressed to help you better prepare for retirement living.
There are some key concepts to understand when investing for retirement
Even low inflation rates can pose a threat to investment returns.
Around the country, attitudes about retirement are shifting.
Do you have causes that you want to support with donations? Here are three tips.
Can successful investors predict changes in the markets? Some can but others miss the market’s signals.
If your family relies on your income, it’s critical to know what their needs would be in the event of your death.
The decision whether to buy or rent a home may have long-term implications.