Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Immediate vs. Deferred Annuities
Looking forward to retirement? It's critical to understand the difference between immediate and deferred annuities.
The Utility of Sector Investing
Successful sector investing is dependent upon an accurate analysis about when to rotate in and out.
Insuring Your Second Home
There are unique risks of owning a second home and obtaining the proper coverage may protect you from financial risk.
The wise use of credit is a critical skill. These 10 questions will help you assess your skill level.
Gun owners need to make sure that their homeowners policy covers the full value of their firearm(s) as personal liability.
Not only can D&O insurance provide financial protection, but it can help improve an organization’s decision-making.
Retirement income may come from a variety of sources. Here's an overview of the six main sources.
Having your identity stolen may result in financial loss plus the cost of trying to restore your good name.
Beware of these traps that could upend your retirement.
This questionnaire will help determine your tolerance for investment risk.
Use this calculator to estimate your net worth by adding up your assets and subtracting your liabilities.
Assess how many days you'll work to pay your federal tax liability.
This calculator helps determine your pre-tax and after-tax dividend yield on a particular stock.
Determine your potential long-term care needs and how long your current assets might last.
Use this calculator to estimate your capital gains tax.
Principles that can help create a portfolio designed to pursue investment goals.
There are some smart strategies that may help you pursue your investment objectives
Investment tools and strategies that can enable you to pursue your retirement goals.
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
A presentation about managing money: using it, saving it, and even getting credit.
The chances of needing long-term care, its cost, and strategies for covering that cost.
All about how missing the best market days (or the worst!) might affect your portfolio.
Millions faithfully file their 1040 forms each April. But some things about federal income taxes may surprise you.
Tulips were the first, but they won’t be the last. What forms a “bubble” and what causes them to burst?
Though we don’t like to think about it, all of us will make an exit sometime. Are you prepared?
Why are 401(k) plans, annuities, and IRAs so popular?
Investors seeking world investments can choose between global and international funds. What's the difference?