Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
A Bucket Plan to Go with Your Bucket List
Longer, healthier living can put greater stress on retirement assets; the bucket approach may be one answer.
Does Your Credit Score Affect Your Insurance Rates?
Your credit score may influence how much you pay for auto and home insurance.
Jane Bond: Infiltrating the Market
Agent Jane Bond is on the case, cracking the code on bonds.
Retirement income may come from a variety of sources. Here's an overview of the six main sources.
If you’re thinking of leasing a new car, then you shouldn’t forget about gap insurance.
There are things about Social Security that might surprise you.
Here are some simple and inexpensive energy-saving tips that may help you save money.
You make decisions for your portfolio, but how much do you really know about the products you buy? Try this quiz
Technology tips to make your next trip even better.
Estimate how much you have the potential to earn during your working years.
This calculator can help determine whether it makes sense to refinance your mortgage.
This calculator shows how inflation over the years has impacted purchasing power.
Estimate how much income may be needed at retirement to maintain your standard of living.
Use this calculator to estimate your net worth by adding up your assets and subtracting your liabilities.
This calculator estimates the savings from paying a mortgage bi-weekly instead of monthly.
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
Even low inflation rates can pose a threat to investment returns.
Tulips were the first, but they won’t be the last. What forms a “bubble” and what causes them to burst?
In the world of finance, the effects of the "confidence gap" can be especially apparent.
Can successful investors predict changes in the markets? Some can but others miss the market’s signals.
Procrastination can be costly. When you get a late start, it may be difficult to make up for lost time.
When should you take your Social Security benefit?