Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Making the most of surprises is a great reason to work with us.
How Financial Advisors Are Compensated
Read this overview to learn how financial advisors are compensated.
Six Most Overlooked Tax Deductions
Six overlooked tax deductions to help manage your tax bill.
A look inside the U.S. government's statistics on household net worth.
Retirement income may come from a variety of sources. Here's an overview of the six main sources.
Understanding how a stock works is key to understanding your investments.
Preparing for the eventual distribution of your assets may not sound enticing. But a will puts the power in your hands.
Planning for a special-needs child can be complicated, confusing, and even overwhelming.
In the event of an unforeseen accident or illness, disability insurance may be a good way to protect your income and savings.
This calculator compares a hypothetical fixed annuity with an account where the interest is taxed each year.
This calculator compares the net gain of a taxable investment versus a tax-favored one.
Use this calculator to compare the future value of investments with different tax consequences.
Determine if you are eligible to contribute to a traditional or Roth IRA.
Estimate the maximum contribution amount for a Self-Employed 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, or SEP.
This calculator shows how inflation over the years has impacted purchasing power.
The chances of needing long-term care, its cost, and strategies for covering that cost.
A number of questions and concerns need to be addressed to help you better prepare for retirement living.
A presentation about managing money: using it, saving it, and even getting credit.
There are some key concepts to understand when investing for retirement
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
The importance of life insurance, how it works, and how much coverage you need.
How do the markets usually react to elections? Was the 2016 election any different?
Though we don’t like to think about it, all of us will make an exit sometime. Are you prepared?
Estate conservation is too important to put off. Do you have a smart exit strategy?
Millions faithfully file their 1040 forms each April. But some things about federal income taxes may surprise you.
It's easy to let investments accumulate like old receipts in a junk drawer.
Would you guess that Millennials are effectively saving for retirement? Well, they are.