Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Does Your Credit Score Affect Your Insurance Rates?
Your credit score may influence how much you pay for auto and home insurance.
Jane Bond: Infiltrating the Market
Agent Jane Bond is on the case, cracking the code on bonds.
Women and Retirement
Women must be ready to spend, on average, more years in retirement than men.
Even dogs have bad days. So, what happens when your dog bites a neighbor or passing pedestrian?
Most stock market analysis falls into three broad groups: Fundamental, technical, and sentimental. Here’s a look at each.
An inside look at how marginal income tax brackets work.
Some people may want a more advanced gifting strategy that can maximize their gift and generate potential tax benefits.
Understanding the economy's cycles can help put current business conditions in better perspective.
Every year the IRS releases its list of tax scams, spotlighting some ways that people try to separate you from your money.
This calculator estimates how much life insurance you would need to meet your family's needs if you were to die prematurely.
Estimate the total cost in today's dollars of various mortgage alternatives.
This calculator compares the net gain of a taxable investment versus a tax-favored one.
Estimate the maximum contribution amount for a Self-Employed 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, or SEP.
Estimate how much of your Social Security benefit may be considered taxable.
Determine if you are eligible to contribute to a traditional or Roth IRA.
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
The decision whether to buy or rent a home may have long-term implications.
What is your plan for health care during retirement?
Here are five facts about Social Security that might surprise you.
There are three things to consider before dipping into retirement savings to pay for college.
When should you take your Social Security benefit?
Are you ready for retirement? Here are five words you should consider.