Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Eight Mistakes That Can Upend Your Retirement
There are common mistakes you can avoid when saving for retirement.
Bridging the Confidence Gap
In the world of finance, the effects of the "confidence gap" can be especially apparent.
Is a Variable Annuity Right for Me?
Pundits go on and on about how “terrible” or “wonderful” annuities are, but they never talk about whether annuities are right
Getting the instruments of your retirement to work in concert may go far in realizing the retirement you imagine.
When you’re married and have children, insurance needs will be different.
Have you ever wondered how your credit score compares to the rest of the country? Take a look and see.
How long does a $20 bill last?
Important items to consider when purchasing condo insurance.
Estate management can help ensure that your assets are transferred according to your wishes while managing tax issues.
This calculator can help you estimate how much you may need to save for retirement.
This calculator helps estimate your federal estate tax liability.
Estimate how many months it may take to recover the out-of-pocket costs when buying a more efficient vehicle.
Estimate how long your retirement savings may last using various monthly cash flow rates.
This calculator may help you estimate how long funds may last given regular withdrawals.
This calculator compares employee contributions to a Roth 401(k) and a traditional 401(k).
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
A growing number of Americans are pushing back the age at which they plan to retire. Or deciding not to retire at all.
There are a few things to consider when buying or leasing your next vehicle.
Selecting a mortgage isn't an easy process. Get a better understanding of how professionals make the right decisions.
When do you need a will? The answer is easy: Right Now.
You’ve made investments your whole life. Work with us to help make the most of them.
It’s never a bad time to speak with your financial advisor about changes in your situation.