Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
There’s a link between debt and stress.
The Latte Lie and Other Myths
Do you know these three personal finance sayings?
How the Federal Reserve Works
Each day, the Fed is behind the scenes supporting the economy and providing services to the U.S. financial system.
If you are concerned about inflation and expect short-term interest rates may increase, TIPS could be worth considering.
Getting the instruments of your retirement to work in concert may go far in realizing the retirement you imagine.
At what point can you call a personal vehicle commercial?
Don’t overlook the need for renter’s insurance if you rent your home.
Five phases to changing unhealthy behaviors.
Making a career move requires tough decisions, not the least of which is what to do with the funds in your retirement plan.
Estimate the maximum contribution amount for a Self-Employed 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, or SEP.
This calculator estimates the savings from paying a mortgage bi-weekly instead of monthly.
This calculator estimates your chances of becoming disabled and your potential need for disability insurance.
Estimate the potential impact taxes and inflation can have on the purchasing power of an investment.
This calculator can help determine whether it makes sense to refinance your mortgage.
This calculator compares a hypothetical fixed annuity with an account where the interest is taxed each year.
There are some smart strategies that may help you pursue your investment objectives
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
If your family relies on your income, it’s critical to know what their needs would be in the event of your death.
Here’s a crash course on saving for college.
There’s an alarming difference between perception and reality for current and future retirees.
Here are five facts about Social Security that might surprise you.
Agent Jane Bond is on the case, cracking the code on bonds.
Smart investors take the time to separate emotion from fact.