Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Thinking of Retiring Abroad?
However exciting retiring abroad may sound, it deserves considerable planning.
What Our Kids Can Teach us About Saving Money
Would you guess that Millennials are effectively saving for retirement? Well, they are.
Best Vacations: By Car, By Ship, By Foot, Once in a Lifetime
Four vacation destinations you might never have thought of.
Having your identity stolen may result in financial loss plus the cost of trying to restore your good name.
Retirees traveling abroad need to know that their health insurance travels with them.
A few strategies that may help you prepare for the cost of higher education.
Each day, the Fed is behind the scenes supporting the economy and providing services to the U.S. financial system.
Why have the markets been so volatile recently?
Umbrella liability can be a fairly inexpensive way to help shelter current assets and future income from the unexpected.
Estimate the maximum contribution amount for a Self-Employed 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, or SEP.
Use this calculator to estimate your income tax liability along with average and marginal tax rates.
Estimate the potential impact taxes and inflation can have on the purchasing power of an investment.
This calculator can help you estimate how much you should be saving for college.
This calculator may help you estimate how long funds may last given regular withdrawals.
This calculator will help determine whether you should invest funds or pay down debt.
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
Here’s a quick guide to checking to see if you have unclaimed money.
In the world of finance, the effects of the "confidence gap" can be especially apparent.
What if instead of buying that vacation home, you invested the money?
Why are 401(k) plans, annuities, and IRAs so popular?
Are you ready for retirement? Here are five words you should consider.
Here is a quick history of the Federal Reserve and an overview of what it does.