Trusted Advisor for all your tax and financial needs
Milton Cooley, EA is an enrolled agent who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. He is also a Financial Advisor affiliated with Cetera Financial Specialists LLC. Milton specializes in Retirement Planning and offers a range of investment products and services including help with IRA's, 401k's, mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, health insurance and medicare plans, long term care insurance, disability insurance and 529 plans. Milton is registered in the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and serves clients who reside in these states.
Welcome to miltoncooley.com my website for helping folks just like you make the most of your finances.
We're here to help you understand and manage your financial resources. As an independent Financial Advisor, I am committed to helping my clients achieve their goals for themselves, their families and their businesses by providing strategies for asset accumulation, preservation and transfer.
In my practice I focus on Retirement Planning by helping everyone, regardless of income level, learn how to prepare for retirement over the course of their working lifetime. Then, when the time is right, I help navigate the transition into retirement by showing you how to make and evaluate good decisions and implement those decisions in an effective and efficient manner based on your individual goals. Much of that decision making is financial and some of it is not. But it's all about taking a realistic look at the details of your life.
But that's not all we do. We offer a variety of financial tools and investment vehicles to help you attain all of your financial goals. In addition to Retirement Planning we also provide assistance with:
- Education Funding using 529 plans and other available resources such as Coverdell Education Savings plans.
- Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Management using a variety of tools including IRA's (Individual Retirement Arrangements), Employer Retirement plans such as SEP's, SIMPLE's and 401(k) plans, Mutual Funds, Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities as well as basic budgeting tools and techniques.
- Asset protection and Estate Preservation using Smart Tax Planning, Life Insurance, Guaranteed Retirement Income, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance.
- Lifestyle planning is crucial for maintaining your existence in a comfortable and familiar manner. We frequently work with widows and widowers and the recently divorced to help make sure lifestyles are maintained and goals are recalibrated in a realistic and manageable way.
- Tax planning is a crucial part of any financial program. As part of my value proposition I also offer tax planning and preparation assistance to each of my clients. If you would like to receive assistance with tax related issues please visit my tax website at www.taxonwheels.com to learn more about the tax assistance available to you.
It's your life,
It's your money,
Go ahead, seize control of your destiny to pursue YOUR financial goals. But first, give us a call and we will help guide you on your journey to the future you deserve.
You can reach Milton at 803 732-4288.
Choosing a Retirement Plan that Fits Your Business
To choose a plan, it’s important to ask yourself four key questions.
Jane Bond: Infiltrating the Market
Agent Jane Bond is on the case, cracking the code on bonds.
“Dirty Dozen” Tax Scams to Watch For
Every year the IRS releases its list of tax scams, spotlighting some ways that people try to separate you from your money.
E&O insurance is specifically designed to protect you, or your company, from the risk of a client’s dissatisfaction.
Don't let procrastination keep you from pursuing your financial dreams and goals.
Read this overview to learn how financial advisors are compensated.
If you want to avoid potential surprises at tax time, it may make sense to know where you stand when it comes to the AMT.
Universal life insurance is permanent insurance with a flexible premium. Here's how it works.
Protect yourself against the damage that your homeowners policy doesn’t cover.
This calculator helps determine your pre-tax and after-tax dividend yield on a particular stock.
Estimate the total cost in today's dollars of various mortgage alternatives.
Estimate the potential impact taxes and inflation can have on the purchasing power of an investment.
This calculator will help determine whether you should invest funds or pay down debt.
Estimate how much of your Social Security benefit may be considered taxable.
Estimate how much income may be needed at retirement to maintain your standard of living.
There are a number of ways to withdraw money from a qualified retirement plan.
There are some smart strategies that may help you pursue your investment objectives
Coaches have helped you your whole life, in ways big and small. We’d like to be one of them.
Estate conservation is too important to put off. Do you have a smart exit strategy?
If your family relies on your income, it’s critical to know what their needs would be in the event of your death.
It's easy to let investments accumulate like old receipts in a junk drawer.
How will you weather the ups and downs of the business cycle?
A bucket plan can help you be better prepared for a comfortable retirement.